Ofra x NikkiTutorials Highlighter Review

Image
Hi lovelies, Yea turns out I lied again about the affordable makeup. I'm really sorry guys but with all this amazing makeup coming out I just can't help myself from buying the more expensive stuff. Ok I lied again, I bought this in another Beauty Bay sale and I got a whole £9 off (how could I not). As soon as I saw this on NikkiTutorials channel ( this video I believe), I needed to get this highlighter only because I don't want to use all my Sugarpill x Little Twin Stars palette (shameless plug but you can check out that review here ). The Ofra x NikkiTutorials highlighters are available in 2 shades: space baby and cloud 9. I purchased cloud 9 because I prefer a pink tinted highlighter over a silver highlighter (that's space baby). Both highlighters are available on Beauty Bay (see here ) and retail for £25 for 10g. You will get free UK delivery from BeautyBay and my order was delivered within 2 days. As always it was safely packed. The packaging is nice and s

Sugarpill Cosmetics Trick and Treat Liquid Lipsticks

Hi lovelies,
I've got some more Sugarpill for you. These were released a few weeks ago in the U.S and it took another week or so for the fabulous Beauty Bay to get their stock. As you can probably tell by the name, the 2 new shades are Limited Edition Halloween inspired liquid poison. I'm a little annoyed that they are LE because they both looked amazing but once they're gone, they're gone I'm afraid.
Both Trick and Treat are available on Beauty Bay for £14 each (see here) and also Sugarpill's website (see here). Now the beauty community on IG went absolutely nuts when the promotion images were released and I'm pretty sure that Trick is gone unless you find it in a stockist near you. Both lipsticks are cinnamon scented but this is a synthetic flavour so if you have allergies you can still use it. As always with Sugarpill, both formulas are cruelty free and vegan.
As these shades are limited edition, different packaging has been designed especially for the season.The general design of the packaging is the same, with the paint drips and logo but the colour scheme is orange and black. The applicator has a slightly different shape when compared with other Liquid Poison lipsticks. This applicator is more curved long one edge which makes painting the bottom lip so easy. However in general I do prefer the original applicator as I find it easier for defining my cupids bow.

I tried the Trick lipstick first because I also fell in love with this straight away. Described as a "Witchy matte black with a supernatural blend of orange and green sparkles" this shade is the perfect Halloween lipstick. However after seeing the swatches on IG, this shade is slightly disappointing when you wear it. Unlike other Sugarpill liquid lipsticks, the matte black is very weak under the sparkles. You can build up the layers to create a more solid colour but it can be very sticky. I've also found it extremely difficult to remove especially when you layer it up.




It really is a shame about the base colour because the sparkles looking absolutely gorgeous especially against the black. For me to get the most out of this lipstick, I've been wearing it over the top of Sugarpill Zero (matte black that IS black). This helps bring out the sparkles without having to wear 2 or 3 layers of Trick. This also helps stop the stickiness and makes it easier to remove. Unfortunately, Trick is not the easiest to apply as the formula is quite thick and feels gritty.

Treat is described as a "sparkling metallic copper, pumpkin spices flamboyant cousin" which I think is perfect for Sugarpill. This shade is amazing and it's just like the swatches that were shown on IG. It really is a beautiful copper colour that is perfect for autumn (fall to others). The sparkles in Treat match the shade so you get a very different finish when compared with Trick. This one can also be a little bit sticky when wearing a couple of layers but you don't need more than 1 layer to get great colour. Treat is easy to apply although it is a little thicker than the usual Liquid Poison formula. This does dry your lips out after several hours of wear so be sure to moisturise beforehand.

Overall, I have very mixed feelings about both Trick and Treat. Despite me been more intrigued by Trick during the PR campaign I actually prefer Treat now that I've tried them both. I'm disappointed that Trick performs so poorly by itself despite the sparkles looking amazing. However, the positive is that it can be work as a topper so it's not going to go to waste. I'm impressed with Treat though. It has an amazing colour and shine.

Thank you so much for reading. I hope that you have enjoyed this review and that you will join me for more in the future. Don't forget to get in touch if you have any comments, critiques or concerns. Equally if you have any products you'd like to see let me know and I will try my best. Below are some pictures of the both lipsticks in use.
Rach😘😘



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ofra x NikkiTutorials Highlighter Review

GlossyBox UK November Subscription Review